About this item
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
- 5GHz Wi-Fi and U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
- Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance
- Swimproof design
- Sync and stream music, podcasts, and audiobooks
Reviewed in India on 6 October 2020
There are hundreds of reviews about all the different apple watches available everywhere over the internet and I will not add to it further.
The new watch is good, fast, adds some new features (utility for which may become better over a period of time).
What I however want to mention here is the Amazon delivery process. I was keen to buy this newly launched watch and was tracking the updates for its availability in India ever since the announcement on 15th Sep.
Amazon showed that they will release the watch on 2nd October. However on 1st October evening, I saw that the watch was available for purchase with assured delivery on 4th October. I immediately bought it. And Kudos to Amazon team, the watch was delivered to me on 3rd October morning itself! The early delivery of amazon is truly commendable.
Apple Watch essentially is a smart watch with fitness/activity tracking capabilities. Let’s not confuse it with activity / fitness trackers like Garmin/Fitbit/etc.
I have been using a Fitbit Versa (1st generation) for almost 1.5 yrs now. It gave me all the fitness information from heart, to daily workout/activity, detailed sleep tracking, calories, steps, etc. essentially almost everything that a good Fitness Tracker can do. What the versa lacked was ability to respond to messages/calls. This missing functionality, over a period of time was making me look at other options.
Apple watch was the obvious best choice for smart watch especially me being an iPhone user.
Buy an apple watch if your primary requirement is to have a smart watch (wherein you can read, respond to messages and calls from the watch without having to reach out for your phone), which can also give you good activity / fitness tracking capability.
However if you are someone who is actively into fitness tracking, I think there are better options available with Garmin / Fitbit / etc.